Monday, March 29, 2010

And then there were four....


Our flock has grown, and we now have four chicks: Pinky, Patsy, Cleo (on top of the feeder in the photo above) and Digby Chicken Caesar. Since Simone doesn't really want to share her blog with the birds, we decided to set them up their own at http://www.thechickenchronicles.com

Although I hoped the chickens would benefit from a steady stream of classical music during the daylight hours, I have to agree wholeheartedly with my friend Carol who grew up on a farm....chickens are NOT smart. They are not at all like Simone and will never be able to compete with her ever increasing vocabulary and ability to spell. Oh well. I think Simone prefers it that way. The chickens are entertaining for the three of us to watch though, and Simone's so funny....when I ask her if she wants to go see the chickens, she stands right up....and then licks her lips.

Let's hope nurture overrules nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment