Thursday, September 2, 2010

Simone Surprise

Our neighbor Tammy called us tonight and wanted to make sure we'd be home as she said she had something for us. Boy, were we in for a surprise!


She had local artist Amy Charron make us a small statue of Simone. It's based on a photo Tammy took of Simone sitting on her couch this summer. The likeness is amazing!

The detail is incredible, down to the teeth and toenails. It looks just like our girl.


♥Thank you, Tammy, from the bottom of our hearts. ♥

1 comment:

  1. I did a search for maple tree disease symptoms (under images)and your beautiful dog appeared about 1/2 way down the page. Curious, I clicked the pic and came upon your blog (most likely due to the maple tree you had removed). Very sorry for your loss... she was beautiful! In 2009, our 11 year old dog, Indigo, had broken her rear leg (at the hip). It turned out that she had bone cancer and during her last days with us we used a large towel as a sling to support and assist her when she went outside. I especially like the harness that you made for Simone; if one was available to us I am sure I would have gotten it. Just a thought, but, you might consider making and marketing them - a great idea that I am certain would make a number of pets more comfortable in their limited mobility. I really like the statue that your neighbor had made for you. Would you mind sharing the artists info? I would love to have something like that done of my pets! If you don't mind, you can send to my email - sgibeault@gmail.com Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete